4. It was declared the world’s first “Baby-friendly state” by WHO and UNICEF for its efforts to encourage and support breastfeeding.
5. In November 2015, the Kerala government became the country’s first state to announce a transgender policy.
6. And recently announced setting up an actual separate court of justice for its transgender community.
7. Last year, Kerala set a record for reduced alcohol consumption.
9. It was declared a “complete digital state” last year.
10. Couples wanting to adopt children exceed the number of children in adoption centres in the state.
12. Contrary to India’s age-old bias toward sons, most adopting couples in Kerala seek girl children.
Post your valuable comments